|Effective Communication: 7 Key Tips||
Leaders generally understand that they're supposed
to practice effective communication
but that doesn't always mirror what they actually do. The following tips
will help you communicate more clearly and with fewer glitches..
1. Be an active listener. Take the time to really listen to your employees without interrupting, trying to fix something or declaring your
2. Be brief. Less is more in communication and nobody enjoys being talked at until their eyes glaze over.
3. Be professional. Keep the subject matter and your tone professional and schedule conversations when people are ready to
participate calmly and respectfully.
4. Curb your temper. Nothing blocks communication and trust quicker than a boss getting mad.
5. Don't take things personally. In general, people
aren't after you and aren't trying to hurt you. Take their comments
simply as their perspective.
6. Practice excellent communication skills. Interact well with everyone around you and set the example.
7. Commit to excellent communication. Provide
opportunities for employees to practice their communication skills long-term.
Your communication style says a lot to the outside world about how you conduct business. Think of these tips when you interact with
people in the workplace and you'll enjoy communicating with fewer setbacks.
Effective Communication and Leadership Training
Copyright © 2011, Guy Farmer: Unconventional Training